Transport Data Depository
The whole Transport Network, and your own data, in one API
Intelligent Journey Planning
Let your users plan journeys the way they want to make them
Journey Planners may not be exciting to everyone, but it turns out they can be a lot better. Here are a few key features of our Journey Planner.
Air quality and sustainable transport
- Understand your air quality issues and their causes and you can begin to fix them.
- Incentivise Sustainable Transport aims through the journey planner and communications channels.
- Encourage use of Park and Ride schemes, public transport, cycling and walking options, - Route people around pollution and trigger dynamic controls from predicted problems.
Add your own transport, lift sharing and CAV
- Community Transport, Private fleets, Autonomous Vehicles, Cycle schemes, Lift-share, dynamic parking schemes.
- Add your existing ride-sharing programmes and allow users to plan journeys that utilise sharing for partial legs.
- Offer lifts to the station, buddy travel, Uber and CAV bookings by integrating live capacity.
Personalisation & regionalisation
- JP learns how each user uses it and adapts results accordingly. Cost, Exercise, CO2, mode and interchange preferences all tailored to each unique user and the journeys they make.
- Take ownership of your network, provide your users with a journey planner that is aligned with the needs and capacity of your network.
Talk to every user and customer as an individual
Owners and operators have often relied on the latter to communicate with the people who use their networks – from posters on platforms that are only seen when it’s too late, to tweeting 50,000 people at work in Manchester about an interrupted rail service.
Our approach to personalisation comes from the online advertising industry, where behavioural understanding and personalisation have been the focus for over 15 years, and from B2C engagement, where brands live and die by engaging with the intended consumer in the way that suits them.
Transport Graph lets you understand your customers, give them the information they need to make their day better, and communicate with them in a personalised manner.
Personalised, multimodal RTI
- Real Time Information for the individual traveller. Talk to everyone on a specific service, or everyone who travels between 2 stops or stations.
- Enable multi-modal disruption avoidance – is the bus home stuck in traffic? Is the train going to be late? Is there a better route they could take? Tell the people who need to know BEFORE it becomes a problem.
Maas and transport on demand
- MaaS is about more than integrated ticketing, it is about personalising the transport network and enabling everybody to travel in the way that suits them, whenever it suits them. Our platform handles the transport data processing and personalised information whilst you concentrate on the other challenges of MaaS.
- For Transport on Demand to work, you need to know where your transport is and where the demand is… we can join it up for you.
Identify painpoints and interact
Problems? Improvements? Ask the people who can tell you what you need to know without bothering everybody else. Talk to everyone on a delayed service – or just the people who have been delayed by more than 20 minutes 5 times in a month. Ask the people who park in your carparks, drive down your roads or match any pattern you can think of.
Optimise capacity and support sustainable transport initiatives
Transport Graph uses behavioural and personalisation technology from online advertising to help identify customers who may be open to change, remove those barriers and incentivise the alternative choice. Used in conjunction with the suite of tools provided by the platform this allows you to:
- Identify pain points and optimisation issues from your BI dashboard
- Determine potential solutions – modal shift, routing, behavioural changes
- Communicate directly with those who can affect that change
- Reward them for adopting the change
Target relevant audiences
- Identify pain points and optimisation issues from your BI dashboard.
- Identify potential solutions – modal shift, routing, behavioural changes.
- Communicate directly with those who can affect that change.
- Reward them for adopting the change.
- It’s rarely the lack of a helmet or a light that stops people cycling to work, even though that forms the focus of most Local Authority cycling incentive schemes – bigger barriers are the lack of bikes, fear of roads and perceived hassle.
- Once the barriers are understood, set about removing them. Install bike-hire docks where people need them, enable short-term trials, encourage corporate engagement, de-mystify public transport or make exercise more accessible.
Reward loyalty & long term adoption
- Offer incentives that appeal to the user, aligned with recommendations that will help them.
- Rewards are not just vouchers – sometimes a better / cheaper / nicer journey is reward in itself. Personalise the reward to the individual.
- Tie validation of incentives into activities – e.g. only validate vouchers if somebody has used the park and ride instead of driven into the city centre.
- Create loyalty and reward schemes based on how people travel. Integrate activity trackers, fitness goals, frequent traveller discounts, CO2, CSR and more.
Business Intelligence & Data Capture
Unlike traditional data feeds, the Zipabout API also gathers data for you
Two-way communication and flow of data are key to the Transport Graph platform, enabling the gathering of a far richer dataset based on how your users use, interact with and respond to your data.
Patent pending technology allows the collection of detailed customer demand and intent based on their interaction with transport information. Historic demand and short to medium term demand patterns can be collected and analysed in real time.
- Map door-to-door demand to weather, time of year, conditions and other behavioural patterns.
- Understand the choices people make and why they make them.
Network pain points
Identify the areas that don’t work so well – modal interchanges, service timetabling, disruptive events that can be fixed or avoided.
Customer pain points
Listen to your customers and spot the problems that don’t make it through to your customer service teams. From overcrowded services through to parking and station facilities, road layouts, customer service, pricing and accessibility. We have 5 years worth of data you can mine and add to it every day
Performance and health check tools
- Not all BI needs to be internal.
- Share performance, improvements and live status with your users.
- Enable choice and avoidance of disruption.
- Provide ‘health check’ facilities to predict journey conditions.
Plays Well With Others
Easily integrates with other platforms
Your audience - your brand
- ‘invisible’ integration via SDK and API
- integrate with apps, websites, wifi systems
- on Amazon API Marketplace
- Tracking API no harder to install than google analytics
- Add rich content and personalisation features to your own apps and digital channels
- Anonymous integration with your CRM system – GDPR compliant
- Hand off to ticketing systems, on board information and entertainment
- Personalise your entire digital offering
- Use your own journey planner, or google, or SilverRail, or Apple Maps
- Power your own BI tools, extract data in Tableau or share with modelling systems